Royal Osteoporosis Society
The Royal Osteoporosis Society is the UK’s the only national charity dedicated to bone health and osteoporosis. We work to improve the bone health of the nation and support everyone with osteoporosis to live well through our support services and advice.
Through our work with healthcare professionals and policy-makers, we influence and shape policy and practice at every level. We’re also driving research and development of new treatments, working towards a future without osteoporosis.
A future without osteoporosis
- Improve the bone health of our nation and prevent osteoporosis
- Influence healthcare providers and professionals to deliver high quality healthcare so that people are assessed and treated for osteoporosis earlier
- Provide the best information, support and services to help people with osteoporosis live well.
- Drive research and development of new treatments and therapies that will ultimately beat osteoporosis
- Caring – we put your bone health and wellbeing first
- Influential – we persuade others to take positive action on bone health
- Innovative – we are bold, curious and brave about bone health
Osteoporosis causes bones to weaken and break more easily. There are 3.5 million people living with it in the UK today and it causes more than 500,000 broken bones every year.
One in two women and one in five men will experience a broken bone as a result of osteoporosis in their lifetime, but less than a quarter of adults understand the condition or the importance of looking after their bone health.
Whether you’re interested in bone health, you’ve recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis or know someone who has – we’re here to help.
Watch our videos online at: https://bit.ly/3k30eox
Share this Page