National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society
The National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society (NASS) is the only UK registered charity dedicated to axial spondyloarthritis (AS). NASS provide support, advice and information to people with AS. We are committed to keeping people as informed as possible about AS. We believe that people who understand their AS and how it should be managed will have the best possible outcome.
NASS has 3 main aims:
- To seek a cure for axial spondyloarthritis (and related conditions), and to improve their treatment in the UK;
- To promote awareness of these conditions in the UK;
- To provide guidance, advice and information for people affected by these conditions including their families, carers and employers.
NASS is the only registered charity in the UK dedicated to the needs of people with AS in the UK.
- Axial spondyloarthritis (AS) is an inflammatory condition of the spine which produces pain, stiffness, deformity and disability throughout adult life.
- Around 200,000 people in the UK have AS.
- It usually starts in the late teens and early twenties.
- There is no cure and physiotherapy, exercise and anti inflammatory drugs are the cornerstones of treatment.
- AS is a chronic progressive disease. It is characterised by periods of flare, leading to slowly increasing spinal and peripheral joint damage.
For more information please refer to our Guidebook for Patients. http://nass.co.uk/just-diagnosed
Share this Page