National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society
The National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society (NASS) is the only UK registered charity dedicated to axial spondyloarthritis (AS). NASS provide support, advice and information to people with AS. We are committed to keeping people as informed as possible about AS. We believe that people who understand their AS and how it should be managed will have the best possible outcome.
NASS has 3 main aims:
- To seek a cure for axial spondyloarthritis (and related conditions), and to improve their treatment in the UK;
- To promote awareness of these conditions in the UK;
- To provide guidance, advice and information for people affected by these conditions including their families, carers and employers.
NASS is the only registered charity in the UK dedicated to the needs of people with AS in the UK.
- Axial spondyloarthritis (AS) is an inflammatory condition of the spine which produces pain, stiffness, deformity and disability throughout adult life.
- Around 200,000 people in the UK have AS.
- It usually starts in the late teens and early twenties.
- There is no cure and physiotherapy, exercise and anti inflammatory drugs are the cornerstones of treatment.
- AS is a chronic progressive disease. It is characterised by periods of flare, leading to slowly increasing spinal and peripheral joint damage.
For more information please refer to our Guidebook for Patients. http://nass.co.uk/just-diagnosed
Contact National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society
172 King Street
London W6 0QU
Tel: 020 8741 1515
You can call the NASS Helpline on between 09:00 and 12:00 Monday to Friday.
The Helpline is run by Sally and Matthew.
Sally and Matthew are the best people to contact for all your medical and lifestyle questions, you can also chat to them about state benefits and work.
Out of hours (or if the line is busy) you can leave a message on our answer phone and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Alteratively you can always send Sally or Matthew an email.
If Sally and Mathew are unable to answer your query we can approach one of the NASS Medical Advisors on your behalf. Our medical advisors include rheumatologists and physiotherapists.
NASS are members of the Helplines Partnership.
Share this Page
You must be logged in to post a comment.